AFFIDAVIT OF CHARLES I. HALT
(1) My name is Charles I. Halt
(2) I was born on XXXXXXXXX
(3) My address is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
(4) I served in the U.S. Air Force for 28 years, retiring in 1991 with the rank of Colonel. In December 1980, I was the Deputy Base Commander at the Anglo-American base, RAF Bentwater, in Suffolk, England.
(5) Late in the evening on December 27th, and continuing into the pre-dawn hours of December 28th, in response to reports of unusual lights in nearby Rendlesham Forest, I led a team of USAF Security Policemen into the woods to investigate. This was the second such incident in as many days and rumors of UFO activity were rife on base. By going into the forest, my intention was find a logical explanation for mysterious lights.
(6) While in Rendlesham Forest, our security team observed a light that looked like a large eye, red in color, moving through the trees. After a few minutes this object began dripping something that looked like molten metal. A short while later it broke into several smaller, white-colored objects which flew away in a directions. Claims by skeptics that this was merely a sweeping beam from a distant lighthouse are unfounded; we could see the unknown light and the lighthouse simultaneously. The latter was 35 to 40-degrees off where all of this was happening.
(7) Upon leaving the forest, our team crossed a farmer’s field. As we did so, someone pointed out three objects in the northern sky. They were white and had multiple-colored lights on them. At first, the objects appeared elliptical but, as they maneuvered, turned full round. They were stationary for awhile and then they started to move at high speed in sharp angular patterns as though they were doing a grid search.
(8) About that same time, someone noticed a similar object in the southern sky. It was round and, at one point, it came toward us at a very high speed. It stopped overhead and sent down a small pencil-like beam, sort of like a laser beam. That illuminated the ground about ten feet from us and we just stood there in awe, wondering whether it was a signal, a warning, or what it was. It clicked-off as though someone threw a switch, and then the object receded back up into the sky.
(9) This object then moved back toward Bentwaters, and continued to send down beams of light, at one point near the Weapons Storage Area. We knew tha because we could hear the chatter on the two-way radio. Several airmen present later told me that they saw the beams. I don’t remember any names at this point. From my position in the forest, it appeared that one or more beams came down near the WSA. At the time, the object was just to the north of the facility. I had great concern about the purpose of the beams.
(10) In keeping with the U.S. Air Force policy, I can neither confirm nor deny that the Weapons Storage Area held nuclear weapons. I am aware that other former or retired USAF Security Police who worked there at the time of the incident are now on-the-record confirming the presence of tactical nuclear bombs at the WSA.
(11) I believe the objects that I saw at close quarter were extraterrestrial in origin and that the security services of both the United States and the United Kingdom have attempted—both then and now—to subvert the significance of what occurred at Rendlesham Forest and RAF Bentwaters by the use of well-practiced methods of disinformation.
(12) I have not been paid nor given anything of value to make this statement and it is the truth to the best of my recollection.
Signed: Charles Halt
Signature witnessed by: Katherine C. Shaw
Notary: KShaw My commission expires April 30, 2011
KATHERINE C SHAW
MY COMMISSION NUMBER 284586
COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA